“You will leave your job because of bad manager”, this is what you hear most of the time in job world. And that’s 200% correct too. Manager matter in your initial career life . Its very critical to work under a manager or boss from whom you can learn :-
- How you can improve core skill of your domain
- Personal management
- How to communicate well
- How to manage teams
And this is what exactly billionaire founder of Alibaba , Jack ma suggests. Watch this video and listener carefully for at least 1 min.
If you are not working under a manager who is not self motivated, who is not aspirational towards his career, who is not passionate about what he is doing, who is not able to manage himself well…change your manager or change your job.But what are the traits of a good manager:-
- He personally takes interest in your career development.
- He treats every team member equally.
- He manages the execution well and knows what needs to be done. And who can do what.
- He pushes you and pushes you very hard. This is where most of the time reportee’s get dis-engaged with manager. Believe me a manager who pushes hard is the one interested in getting things delivered fast. And that’s how knowingly or unknowingly you will improve you skills or ability to manage yourself.
- He accept your mistakes and encourages you to improve.
And at the end as a reportee if you can contribute towards your managers career success, you will also succeed.